Junior Summer Centre – Blackrock College
Blackrock is a suburb of Dublin. It is a largely residential area located 7 km south of the city centre. A fashionable seaside resort in the eighteenth century, the town gets its name from the black rocks that lies off-shore which once marked the city limits. An ancient Celtic cross still stands in the main street.
Blackrock College, including Willow Park, is a large educational complex. It has extensive wooded parklands and playing fields of some 64 acres, with a magnificent view of Dublin Bay. The college is located beside Booterstown DART station and the city centre is only a 10 minute train journey or a 25 minute bus ride away.
Dates: 27th June to 15th of August 2020 Age: 11-17 years Groups & Individuals
Blackrock College Standard Programme Includes:
- Host Family Age 12-17 years: Full board accommodation with a carefully selected family (packed lunch Monday to Friday)
Two students of same group per family
- Residential Age 11 to 15 years: Full board accommodation (2-5 bedded rooms and 1 multi-bedded dormitory)
- 15 hours of English language tuition per week
- Alternate weekly morning and afternoon classes
- Use of textbooks and other learning materials
- Graded certificate and end of course report
- Organised sport activities
- 3 half-day activities per week including Arts & Crafts, drama and Irish sports
- 1 cultural half-day per week with ATC staff including entrance fee
- 1 full-day excursion by coach per week with entrance fee
- Residential evening programme: includes discos, film, Irish night & other activities. Host family: Two discos per week
Travel passes must be purchased by all students and group leaders in host families.